Dedicated to Better Eye Health
Dr. Ray Cain
Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Dr. Cain has lived and practiced in Decatur, Alabama, since 1987. Patients come for his expertise from cities throughout the Tennessee Valley, including Decatur, Hartselle, Athens, and Madison. His continuing commitment to caring extends beyond his patients. He has been actively involved in leadership roles in the community for more than 25 years. He and his wife have three adult daughters who graduated from Austin High School. They are active members at First Bible Church. In addition, he has served as board chairman for Decatur Medical Associates and as a board member of Habitat for Humanity of Morgan County, Save-a-life Pregnancy Center, Decatur Heritage Christian Academy, Young Business Leaders of Decatur, and Morgan County Medical Society.
Ray Cain, M.D., provides comprehensive eye care and treats diseases of the eye. He is a cornea specialist and works with patients suffering from eye diseases, including cataracts, complications from diabetes, glaucoma, macular degeneration, and dry eye. In addition, he provides SLT cool laser treatment for glaucoma.
Dr. Cain is board certified by the American Academy of Ophthalmology. He is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology and the Morgan County Medical Society.
- Cornea Fellowship – Wake Forest University Medical Center, Winston-Salem, NC; 1986-1987
- Ophthalmology Residency – University of Alabama/Eye Foundation Hospital, Birmingham, AL; 1983-1986
- Flexible Internship – Baptist Memorial Hospital, Memphis, TN; 1982-1983
- University of Mississippi Medical School, Jackson, MS; 1978-1982
- University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS; 1974-1978; Summa Cum Laude
Certifications and Professional Affiliations
- Board Certified – American Board of Ophthalmology; 1987
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Morgan County Medical Society
- Decatur Medical Associates
- Decatur Morgan Hospital
- 1987 - Present
Decatur Med-Surg Center
2828 Hwy 31 South, Suite 116
Decatur, AL 35603